Therapeutic Associates of Maui, LLC is pleased to announce that Donna Tamashiro, OTR, has successfully passed the Hand Therapy Certification examination, thereby meeting the standard of competence by the Hand Therapy Certification Commission and achieving a significant professional milestone. This entitles Mrs. Tamashiro to use the designated title of Certified Hand Therapist (CHT). There are currently 8 CHT's in the state of Hawaii, with Mrs. Tamashiro being the only CHT on the island of Maui.
A Certified Hand Therapist as recognized by the Hand Therapy Certification Commission is an Occupational Therapist or Physical Therapist who:
· Has at least 5 years of clinical experience with 4,000 hours or more of specialty experience in hand therapy.
· Has successfully passed a comprehensive test of advanced knowledge in all areas of the hand, wrist, elbow, and shoulder.
· Meets the standards set by experts in hand therapy.
· Is dedicated to advancing the profession through research and teaching.
· Recertifies every 5 years either acquiring 2,000 hours of work experience and 80 hours of professional development that may include research, teaching, or continued medical education, or by successful completion of the Hand Therapy Certification Examination.
· Is professionally committed to assuring the public that they meet the high standards that the medical community recognizes in the credentials of the Certified Hand Therapist (CHT).